Monday 22 April 2013

Question 3: What kind of media institution might distribute your media product and why?

With my magazine being relatively cheap to make and sell, a good media institution distribute my magazine would be a well rounded one with multiple music magazines already under its ownership already. A good example of this would be Rupert Murdoch’s media institution News International. The reason I think an institution like this would be so good is because I think with their distribution of their other media products my magazine would be spread out throughout loads of different shops and reach my target audience much quicker.  When researching cheap music magazines i found that there were relatively little around. With this research i know that compared to Mojo or Q my magazine would be a lot more attractive to buy with money being an issue for younger readers (my target audience). Another reason an institution like News International would distribute my magazine is because of the profit. With my magazine being so cheap to produce/sell more customers will come to buy the magazine. The profit may be little for each magazine but with so many customers buying it for its cheap price it will increase profit massively.

No comments:

Post a Comment